Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world. Majority of the population is green tea lover. Almost all types of tea are brewed from the dried leaves of Camellia sinesis, an evergreen shrub. The most common categories of tea consumed today are green, white, oolong, black, etc. Green tea has become the raw material for extracts used in various beverages, health foods, dietary supplements and cosmetic items. The Tea Board of India summarized the findings about Green Tea and has thus provided the following health benefits of Green Tea:
- Reduces unwanted cholesterol by the action of caffeine with flavonoids by increasing the rate at which calories are burnt in the blood.
- Controls blood pressure and therefore reduces the risk of hypertension.
- Burns excess calories, reduces fats and is an excellent recipe to fight obesity.
- Decreases the risk of developing heart diseases, stroke and quickens recovery of heart cells.
- Acts as a diuretic, aids the kidney action and prevents stone formation and constipation.
- Improves lipid and glucose metabolism and prevents sharp increase in blood sugar level.
- Prevents cell damages in the brain and reduces the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.
- Provides good source of antioxidants for speedy recovery from wounds and skin injury.
- Acts as an antidotal to stress and headache.
- Balances body fluid level and prevents dullness.
- Increases memory power.
- The antioxidants fight against free radicals and reduces the effect of ageing on skin, wrinkles, skin burn, prevents acne and relieves allergies.
- The Epigallo Catechin Gallate(EGCG) present in green tea protects cell from damage linked to various cancers- stomach, prostrate, esophagenal, skin cancer, adult leukemia, etc.
- Natural source of vitamins and minerals and therefore strengthens the bones and the teeth
- Protects tooth decay and bad breath by inhibiting plague formation and provides natural fluoride.
- Reduces damages to liver due to smoking and alcohol consumption.
Editor: Payal Chordiya
Chupke Chupke remake will have Rajkummar Rao in Dharmendra’s role
Its a Baby Girl for Survleen Chawla, what’s the name?
Salman’s View on the Pain Behind The Smiling Face in the 5th Bharat Poster?
Karuthamuthu Asianet TV serial : wiki, cast, story, episode, videos
Sonu Satheesh Kumar : Biography, wiki, age, height, instagram, serial, info
Cheat India trailer preview : Featuring the root in Indian Educational System
Catch the 2.0 Trailer featuring Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar in action and style
Catch Zero Trailer its a Double Delight for SRK fans on the eve of his Birthday
CT Trends5 days ago
Kalank Movie Review: Explore the love between a Hindu Girl and a Muslim Boy
CT Special1 week ago
Five noteworthy stories covering the most sensational issues under Bollywood
CT Trends1 week ago
The Tashkent Files Movie Review: Get Ready to explore the World of Junk
CT Trends1 week ago
Jackie Chan Begins shoot for Kung Fu Yoga sequel in Jodhpur