Prem Chopra is counted among the frightful villains of Bollywood even today, due to his large and iconic villainous role on screen. The actor spent several decades in the industry doing different kinds of roles. He has played both positive and negative characters in his entire career. But, his role as antagonist became more popular among the audience. People hate his epic villain characters even today.
The veteran actor, who comes from Lahore is celebrating his 87th Birthday today. After the India-Pakistan separation, his family moved to Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, where he spent the early days of his life including his education. The actor has achieved a lot in his decades of an acting career. We saw him last in the 2021 release, Bunty Aur Babli 2.
On the 87th birthday of Prem Chopra, let’s go down memory lane and have a look at some interesting facts about the legendary actor.
1. Prem Chopra was passionate about acting and also took part in dramas during his college days.
2. Despite strong opposition from his parents, he came to Mumbai to pursue his dream of acting in Movies. He started visiting film studios but didn’t get a good response. He took up a job in ‘Times of India’ to survive in the hustle and bustle of Mumbai city. Along with this work, he managed to make time and visit studios.
3. His debut movie was a Hindu-Muslim love story which was a big hit at the box office and won several national awards.
4. He played both hero as well as villain, but he got immense recognition for his villainous roles.
5. Prem Chopra has worked in about 360 movies in his decades of career.
6. He worked with Rajesh Khanna in 19 films out of which 15 films were big hits. In a conversation, Prem said, “Distributors used to consider us a lucky pair. They used to tell Rajesh Khanna: We don’t care who your heroine is, Prem Chopra’s presence in your film matters the most to us .”
7. The actor has worked in every film of director Manoj Kumar except Shor in 1970 and Roti Kapda Aur Makan in 1974.
8. He has worked in two movies with the same title, Duniya. One was with Dev Anand in 1968, and another one with Dilip Kumar in 1984.
9. The actor also has a memoir ‘Prem Naam Hai Mera, Prem Chopra’ written by his daughter Rakita Nanda which was published in 2014.
10. Besides acting, Prem Chopra is interested in watching and playing cricket.
Cine Talkers wishes Prem Chopra, a very happy birthday!
For more exciting and fresh updates on Television, OTT, Bollywood, and Hollywood, stay tuned to Cine Talkers. Also follow us on our social media pages including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.