CT Trends

Pooja Bedi stands in support of Juhi Chawla, asks ‘Can a celebrity EVER do anything without it being considered a publicity stunt?’

After Delhi High Court dismissed Juhi Chawla’s lawsuit challenging the setting up of 5G wireless networks in the country. Actress Pooja Bedi has come in support of the actress. According to the court the case was filed for gaining publicity.

Pooja Bedi to her Twitter handle and started a poll asking if it’s fair that the court dismissed her case on grounds of seeking publicity. She also raised a concern asking if a celebrity can take a step without it being considered a publicity stunt.

She tweeted, “Given that @iam_juhi has stood up against EMF and cellphone towers for years and years.. do u think it’s fair that the #DelhiHighCourt dismissed her case against #5ginindia on grounds of “publicity”? Can a celebrity EVER do anything without it being considered a publicity stunt?”
The poll was started last night feathered 260 votes where 65% of them were against the court’s decision calling it unfair while the rest 35% voted in favour of it.

Many users also reacted to the poll and extended their support. One of the users wrote, “This will discharge other Bollywood celebrities not to raise public concerns in future. It is often said they don’t do or come forward for societies and nation. I appreciate her initiative, doesn’t matter what happened.”
While another said, “We support her fight. At least the courts could have directed the telecom companies to respond? As usual, the common persons have nobody to turn to.” “A genuine lady worried about her country mens health has been discouraged no longer she needs publicly she is very very very well known,” one more user said.

Reema

In a world full of writers, I'll just be another one with an edge to be the best. I am Reema Chhabda, a content writer by trade and part-time poet.
Back to top button