Last week the 92-year-old singer Lata Mangeshkar was admitted to Breach Candy Hospital in south Mumbai after testing positive for COVID. Fans have been praying for her speedy recovery, and many have been trying to get updates about her health. While Lata Mangeshkar’s family has been sharing updates about her recovery. In the latest update, the doctor at Breach Candy hospital said that the veteran singer will continue to be in ICU.
In a chat with PTI, Associate professor Dr. Pratit Samdani said that Lata Mangeshkar is still in the ICU and that everyone will have to wait. The doctor also urged all to pray for her recovery. “She continues to be in the ICU under observation. We have to wait and watch. Pray for her recovery. She will continue to remain in the hospital,” added Dr. Pratit Samdani.
Earlier, Asha Bhosle also shared an update about her sister who is battling COVID 19 in the ICU at the hospital.
In a chat with Etimes, Asha Bhosle said that, since it is COVID 19 case, the family is not allowed to meet Lata Mangeshkar. However, she added that ‘Didi is improving’ and that she is better than before. Further, she added, “They aren’t allowing anybody. I went once but wasn’t allowed inside the compound itself. There are severe restrictions and protocols being followed in view of the ongoing pandemic.”
On Thursday, Mangeshkar’s niece, Rachana Shah told PTI, “She is doing well, and we are happy about it. Everyone’s prayers have worked. Kindly, keep our privacy in mind,”
Regarded as one of Indian cinema’s greatest singers, Lata Mangeshkar started her career at the age of 13 in 1942 and had sung over 30,000 songs in several Indian languages. She has sung various memorable tracks such as ‘Ajeeb dastan hai ye’, ‘Pyar kiya to darna kya’, ‘Neela asman so gaya’, and ‘Tere liye’, among others.
For more such exciting updates and fresh news stay tuned to Cine Talkers.