- Film’s teaser of “One Night Stand” has caught a lot of eye balls what do you have to say on it?
Ans: Well I’m glad people are appreciating it. The entire team has put this film out with a lot of hard work and sincerity. Also I would like to add that there is a lot more going on in the film apart from the so called ‘bold scenes’
- How has acting with Sunny Leone been?
Ans: She has been the most wonderful kind gracious and big hearted costar I have worked with. Not for a minute was I made to feel like a newcomer and her like a star, we have a good rapport and it certainly helps in bringing out the best out of each other
- What are your expectations from this film?
Ans: I hope it is both critically and commercially appreciated. There is a message that we wish to convey via this film and I hope that comes through and gets people thinking on it with a great posetive change.
- Your last two films did not really do well in terms of box office collection hence is it a conscious effort to choose such a film that automatically catches eyeballs and arouses curiosity?
Ans: Nothing like that, I won’t lie! I was quite upset by the subsequent failures of my first two films especially “Purani Jeans” but it is a tough industry and you have to rough it out. I tested for this film, the producers thought I was one and that’s how it happened. There was no conscious effort. At the end of the day a film has to work on its own merits not just because of its controversial or bold nature.
- What next for you?
Ans: I haven’t signed anything as yet. There are few interesting offers but I don’t want to rush into something until I’m convinced.
- Your short film with Akshara Hassan has been doing the round lately has direction always been something you’ve looked at? Ans: Yes direction is the reason why I’m a part of the industry in the first place. I stared as an assistant director so that I could become a director. Acting happened by accident. I make a lot of abort films to keep myself fresh and I will definitely take it up in the future
- Whose a better actress Sunny Leone or Akshara Hassan?
Ans: I think they both have their individual spaces and it would be unfair for me to judge. It’s like comparing apples and oranges.
- Tell us something about Tanuj? Something we don’t know about you.
I’m a paradox. On one hand I’m a completely outgoing guy very extrovert but I’m also fiercely protective about my individuality and can be quite the introvert as well. Also I love collecting movie props and comic books limited editions.
- Last year owing to family issues has been rather troublesome for you have things settled down now?
Ans: Yes by the grace of God things are a lot better. Tough times don’t last tough people do. We stuck it out as a family and we still stand united that’s what matters.
- Do we see more of you here on?
Ans: Yes that’s the plan. I want to die with my makeup and costume on.
- What’s your equation with your mom do you take professional advice from her? How has she reacted to your movie teaser?
Ans: She’s my best friend . I seek her advice only if I’m really not sure about something but not on a daily basis. She is in Europe so I sent her the link she says I have grown as an actor and that the teaser looks intriguing .
Way to go Tanuj…