A good break in a Bollywood movie for any main stream role for any male or female struggling actor means a lot. It simply gives a U turn to their acting career, giving the stardom, fame, money and list of huge fans following them even for one glimpse. Luckily, in Bollywood the family dynasty is also popular to some extent unlike our Indian polity; however, you have certain stars who in search for a perfect or suitable character recommend any newbie giving them chance to make their debut in the B Town. Though you may find filmmakers often pairing two successful male and female stars to make a successful movie but there are few stars that do not believe in this and often have given chance to the newer ones. In other words, these can be called as Godfathers of Bollywood. The most popular ones include Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan, wait you have some more in this list. Let’s check how these two popular and other stars have turned out a god father for many new female actors in the B Town.
Of course one of the leading Godfathers of Bollywood is Akshay Kumar who has seen giving chance to many newcomers in the Tinsel Town. Let’s check them out as under:
- Priyanka Chopra: Akki has recommended PC a number of movies, which started way back in 2003 with Andaaz followed three other movies Mujshe Shaadi Karogi, Aitraaz and Waqt.
- Katrina Kaif: Though she has been linked to Sallu Baba but the fact is Katrina was recommended the first by Akshay Kumar for the movie Namastey London in 2007 followed by slew of other movies like Welcome, Singh Is Kinng, etc.
- Lara Dutta: Next comes is Lara Dutta, who has been recommended by this star for different movies. These include Andaaz, Aan, Dosti, Bhagam Bhag, etc.
- Kirti Sanon: She is among the actress in making, who would be seen with Akki in his upcoming movie called Singh is Bling. However, the lady has made her modest debut with Heropanti last month.
- Lisa Haydon: Unlike the others Lisa too has the recommendation of Akki for entering the B Town. She was recommended in Shaukeen remake, however, it was never released but it helped her to fetch another movie called Aisha in 2010.
Apart from above named ones, he has also acted with several others who remained low profile at that time but his recommendations has made them stars to them as well. These include Bipasha Basu in Ajnabee and Garam Masala, while Tamannaah Bhatia for Its Entertainment, Shruti Haasan for Gabbar and Tapsee Pannu for Baby. However, when he is asked about this favour for these ladies, he turns down the term Godfather and is modest enough to take any appreciation. He believes doing this only to the deserving actors.
The next in this Godfather list is Sallu Baba who has been responsible in bringing out some of the talented lass to the Tinsel Town. In fact, he has lives with the tagline of Bollywood for many Female actors who are now enjoying a stable career, thanks to him. Well, let’s explore some names, which have turned out stable in this category as under:
- Sneha Ullal: Remember the young lass from Lucky No Time For Love released in 2005 with Salman, yes she resembles a lot with her ex girl friend Aish and thus remained the talk of the town. However, she didn’t turn up after this movie remained with just one with Sallu baba.
- Zareen Khan: She is known to do her debut movie called Veer in 2009, while seen doing an item number in the movie Ready in the year 2011 called Character dheela. This gave a steady start to Zareen in the Bollywood world.
- Sonakshi Sinha: The bulgy girl who lost her loads of her weight to get her debut movie has the favour of Salman Khan for bringing her in the movie. She did her fist movie as Dabangg and even was seen in its sequel in 2012. She was also seen doing a song with Sallu Baba in a movie called Son of Sardaar in 2012. She now enjoys a stable career in B Town.
- Daisy Shah: She is new and smart, which made Salman Khan rope in his recent released movie Jai Ho in January 2014. Sallu baba discovered her in the troupe of Ganesh Acharya in a dance shoot.
- Asin: Though she was brought forth by Sallu baba but was seen doing a film with Aamir Khan called Ghajani in 2008 but she was seen in London Dreams and Ready.
Apart from these ladies, Sallu Baba has named others as well along with promoting them. These include Bhumika Chawla (Tere Naam – 2003), and other known and unknown ladies in the B Town. When asked how he feels about being the Godfather of B town, he plainly rejects the tagline. According to him, he also got a chance by someone, which keeps him doing the same for others as well. He loves to introduce new faces and love them to see great future in Bollywood.
The next in the list is:
Though this man is known to be Mr. Perfectionist yet he proved out to be an asset for many newcomers giving them a good career in Bollywood. These include Rani Mukherji in Ghulam in 1988, Gracy Singh in his own movie Lagaan in 2001, while Asin in Ghajani in 2008.
The Badshah of Bollywood too seems to be in the list apart from being the second in the richest actor list is the world. Unlike the other two Khans, he too has introduced a couple of female actors in his movies. For instance, Gayatri Joshi in Swadesh in 2003, Anushka Sharma in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in 2008, while Deepika Padukone in Om Shanti Om in 2007.
And the last comes in the list in the form of Ajay Devgn who worked with certain newcomers and thus helped them to have a stable career in the B Town. For example he worked with Gracy Singh in Gangajal in 2003, Asin in London Dreams, Shazahn Padamsee in Dil To Baccha Hai J in 2003, Tamannaah Bhatia in Himmatwala 2013 and Kajal Aggarwal in Singham 2011.