Though the legend is no more to take up the wishes of his fans and friends, yet he deserves to be remembered on this big day of his. Rahul Dev Burman popularly known as RD Burman in the B-Town was born on 27th June 1939, while passed away on 4th January 1994 when he was 54 years. He was one of the finest music composers of his time, who has given one of the best music to the movies. At such juncture, when we remember him on this big day of his, it would be worthy enough to explore some of the interesting facts about RD Burman. Especially when he was a man who had a good impact on the next generation music and his songs still are popular in India despite 20 long years of his death.
- RD Burman made his debut on screen with the movie Bhoot Bangla of Mehmood in 1965, which was his solo cameo performance in the Bollywood movies.
- Not too many people know the fact that the mouth organ, which was heard wide and loud in the song called Hai Apna Dil To Awara, which was sung by the singer Hemant Kumar from the movie called Solya Saal was actually played by RD Burman himself.
- He is only the man who has the onus of incorporating electronic organ in Indian movies with the song O Mere Sona Re from Teesri Manzil sung by his wife Asha Bhosle.
- He was damn professional in his work and hence was even seen waiting for long hours in order to record the real sound of raindrops while recording the music. In fact, there are many instances when he spent the whole night over his balcony to find rains to record the sound.
- RD is the first man in Indian cinema history to introduce the Brazilian Bossa Nova rhythm in the Bollywood movie music. Hence the song- Maar Dalega Dard-e-Jigar in the movie in Pati Patni is one of them.
- In the movie called Abdullah, he was seen using the sound of bamboo whistle, which was tied up with balloon for recording one of its songs.
- The song Beeti Na Bitaayee Raina from the movie called Parichay was composed by RD Burman in a hotel room, which gave the national award to Lata Mangeshkar and Bhupinder for the same.