Connect with us

CT Trends

Gujarat HC dismisses the PIL asking a ban on Sara & Sushant starrer movie Kedarnath

Published

on

Kedarnath Movie

It was last week when a right-wing man knocked the doors of Gujarat High Court submitting the PIL to ban the film Kedarnath. The film as slated to release this Friday will be released as planned and no legal hurdle is there to stop the film to hit the screens. Thanks to the Gujarat High Court, which has dismissed the PIL submitted at the HC to ban the film for insulting Hindu sentiments and promoting issues like Love Jihad in the society. The court called this move to be another publicity stunt by the petitioner and an attempt to get media attention to the person filing the PIL.

So, the roads for the release of this movie is smooth, and it will now have no legal hurdle to stop the film to get it released on the screens. The movie has Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan and is based on a love story between a Muslim tour guide active in Kedarnath area and a Hindu girl from an affluent family. This love story is made at the backdrop of the floods which were seen in Kedarnath. The natural calamity was huge enough to cause lot many damages in the area, which further caused too many loses of life both of the local people and the pilgrims who have come to the temple from all parts of the country.

 

The decision came from a bench of judges at the Gujarat High Court comprising of Justice A S Dave, and Justice B Vaishnav. It was Prakash Rajput from a Hindu right group called International Hindu Sena who had filed the PIL in the Gujarat High Court. In his petition, he claimed that the movie has insulted the sacred temple and was used to portray a love affair between a Muslim Boy and a Hindu girl, which is a clear policy to promote Love Jihad in the society. It said this would instigate the sentiments of Hindu. The judges clearly rejected all these arguments calling it a publicity stunt. So, its a good news there for the makers as they will have a smooth release tomorrow.

CT Trends

Don’t get confuse by title, Mere Pyare Prime Minister isn’t a political film: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra

Published

on

By

Because of the confounded title which seems relating to the Prime Minister Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra the director of an upcoming movie under the title of “Pyare Prime Minster” has declared that his film isn’t about the Prime Minister as it appears by title yet has some unique edge.

He knew that his film Mere can get politicized attributable to its title. The movie producer insists that the film is a “true blue socially relevant” venture with no political point.

The film annals the account of a youthful ghetto kid who goes to the capital with his companions to meet the Prime Minister, after his mom is assaulted.

“It sounds like a political film because of the term Prime Minister but it is a true blue socially relevant film. There’s no politics there whatsoever. It picks up the idea of rape and how we deal with it, the aftermath and the victim,”

“It’s more of a social message film than a political film. Looking at the response after the trailer, it feels the audience has evolved beyond our imagination,” he added.

The film discusses the requirement for open sanitation through the eyes of an 8-year-old tyke, who pledges to improve things after an appalling occurrence.

Mehra, who has recently helmed enormous scale films like Mirza, Rang De Basanti, says he must be aware of his true to life look while discussing a story, for example, this set in ghettos.

Mehra narrated that while working on his he was very nervous due to the sensitivity of the issue and we need to respect people living in slums.“There were lots of do’s and don’ts for me. Don’t insult the slums and the people down there or look down at them and have the so-called western perspective on a third world.”

The director shot the film on real locations with no sets and was constantly aware he was “invading their lives” and had to be more respectful.

The film is scheduled to  release on March 15.

Continue Reading

CT Trends

Gully Boy crosses 50 Cr business swiftly.

Published

on

By

The movie inspired by a story of Mumbai rapper role played by Ranveer Singh, Gully Boy has been doing a  good business and entered into the mark of 50 crores. On the first day of its release film observed 19. 40 Crore with some downfall on in the second day by earning 13.10 crore. The film is receiving a huge response from every corner and critic have come with good reviews about the movie.

Directed by Zoya Akhtar, Gully Boy songs also received praises and people loved the song “Azadi” and became an overnight trend on social media. Sharing the latest collections of Gully Boy, trade analyst Taran Adarsh took to Twitter writing: “#GullyBoy catches speed… Crosses ₹ 50 cr… Metros excellent, driving the biz… Mass belt/Tier-2 cities improve… Day 4 [Sun] should be huge again… ₹ 70 cr+ *extended* weekend on cards… Thu 19.40 cr, Fri 13.10 cr, Sat 18.65 cr. Total: ₹ 51.15 cr. India biz.

Giving the business graph of the movie from overseas Adarsh took his twitter and explained in one of the subsequent tweets.

“There’s a line of thought *within the industry* that Mumbai-centric films find limited takers #Overseas… #GullyBoy seems to prove this theory wrong… Goes from strength to strength with each passing day…USA-Canada leads, followed by UAE-GCC… Data follows,” he wrote.

As reported in our earlier report Ranveer also received praise from the Hollywood actor Will Smith also took to his Instagram to praise Ranveer’s work in the film and film also got a huge response at the Berlin International Film Festival.

Gully Boy has Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt in lead roles – their first film together. The film also features Siddhant Chaturvedi and Kalki Koechlin in key roles. The teaser, trailers, poster, dialogues, and songs of the film are quite intriguing for the audiences.

Co-produced by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani’s Excel Entertainment, Gully Boy released in India on 14 February

Continue Reading

CT Trends

Irfan Khan’s Hindi Medium 2, Some new names coming in the cast.

Published

on

By

Hindi Medium movieAfter completing the medical observations at London Bollywood star Irfan Khan has returned to India. Irfan was undergoing medical treatment for a neuroendocrine tumor in London.  The actor made his flight into London last year after getting diagnosed with a minor form of cancer.

As per the reports coming in from the B-Town, the actor will start prepping up for his next film.  Irfan Khan will return to the big screen with the sequel of 2017Hindi Medium and as earlier we reported, the shooting of the film will go on floors soon.  Though the actor has not given any statements about the upcoming project yet, reports have suggested that Radhika Apte and Radhika Madan have been approached to play the female leads in the movie.

People aware about the developments taking place inside informed entertainment portal that due to certain reason title of the movie might be changed, “Also, since the story, this time around will be about Irrfan’s beti wanting to go abroad for further studies, the film will be shot in the US and London. Even the title is likely to change. The producers are planning to call it English Medium.”

Earlier it was reported that makers of the movie approached Kareena Kapoor Khan to play the film’s female lead. It was also reported earlier last year that Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol would also be joining Irrfan for the sequel.

Meanwhile, a report coming from the B-Town is suggesting that the makers of Hindi Medium flew down to London to meet Irrfan and the narration of the script was held there. While Hindi Medium was directed by Saket Chaudhary, its sequel is being directed by Homi Adajania.

On the work front, in addition to Hindi Medium 2, a biopic on Udham Singh, to be directed by Shoojit Sircar, is Irrfan Khan’s pending project. His film with Deepika Padukone, to be directed by Vishal Bhardwaj, has been postponed indefinitely. Meanwhile, he opted out of Amazon’s web series Gormint. Karwaan was his last Bollywood release, which hit the screens while he was in London.

Continue Reading

Trending